NOTE:This is the processed that I followed to get my fiancee/spouse visa. Please understand that this is what I did, but each situation is different. You can take this as an education to make your visas genuine (real marriage). Since there was thousand of fake marriages its harder for the real marriages to get through. Therefore I plan to stay there with my wife till we get her visas. That's the promise that I made to Huong and intend to keep.

What is a U.S. Visa?

A citizen of a foreign country who seeks to enter the United States (U.S.) generally must first obtain a U.S. visa, which is placed in the traveler’s passport, a travel document issued by the traveler’s country of citizenship. Certain international travelers may be eligible to travel to the U.S. without a visa if they meet the requirements for visa-free travel. The Visa section of Travel State Gov is all about U.S. visas for foreign citizens to travel to the U.S.


How Can I use a Visa to Enter the U.S.? 

Having a U.S. visa allows you to travel to a port of entry, airport or land border crossing, and request permission of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) inspector to enter the U.S. While having a visa does not guarantee entry to the U.S, it does indicate a consular officer at a U.S Embassy or Consulate abroad has determined you are eligible to seek entry for that specific purpose. DHS/CBP inspectors, guardians of the nation’s borders, are responsible for admission of travelers to the U.S., for a specified status and period of time. DHS also has responsibility for immigration matters while you are present in the U.S..

Type of Visas:

There are two type of visas: Immigrant Visa (IV) and Nonimmigrant Visa (NIV)

  • The Immigrant Visa (IV) unit of the U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City processes visa applications of persons seeking to reside permanently in the United States, including family members of U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents, fiancé(e)s of American citizens, alien workers, and Amerasians. Applications are made by appointment. To find out more about the IV unit, please click here.
  • The Nonimmigrant Visa (NIV) unit processes visa applications of Vietnamese and other foreign nationals seeking to travel to the U.S. temporarily for business, pleasure, study or work. Applications are made by appointment. To find out more about the NIV unit, please click here.


In my case I apply for Immigrant Visa for Huong because she is marrying a United States Citizen and I want her to migrate to the United States to live with me.






 Application Process Guide :


  • Nam Phuong Book Store
    1032 South Jackson Street
    Seattle, WA 98104
    (206) 324 6364


Chu Nam Phuong will be guiding me through the application process. He's going to fill out majority of the application. I don't know how to fill it out so he will be filling majority of it. His fees are $1,000

 a.) Papers in Hand before Departure:
          * these are papers that I have to have in hand before I leave USAto have obtain marriage certification when I get marry.

  1. 3 Divorce Discreed Certificated Copy





U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City
4 Le Duan Blvd., District 1
Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam
Tel: + 84-8-3520-4200
Fax: +84-8-3520-4244




Ho Chi Minh Consulate General
Travel State Gov